On Apr 3, 2010, at 11:53 AM, John Sessoms wrote:

From: Larry Colen

From 68 on the 'vette has been a bloated POS that might as well have been engineered by MicroSoft. I liked the Corvette when it was a relatively small, nimble, and yes insanely over-powered sports car, but have no use for what it's become.

s/68/55

I don't know what it is now, but it ain't a sports car.

Corvettes have *never* been sports cars. The new ones are amazingly competent GTs. In the 70's they were plastic camaros. In the 60's, I don't think there's really a word, other than "Corvette" that describes them, but the Douglas Adams quote"looks like a fish, goes like a fish, steers like a cow" comes to mind. MGs, Triumphs, Lotuses Fiats, Austin Healeys, Miatas are sportscars. Corvettes are too big to be sportscars.

The new ones are stupid fast, handle well and are very competent on the track, but they ain't sports cars.