I wanted to think about this before commenting. I think it would look best with more of the foreground cropped out than the sky. The square crop you've tried centers the main subject too much. It suffers from the same problem that the inital posting suffers from. The OOF foreground is more distracting than helpful. The sky There's a lovely horizontal composition in middle third or so of the frame. Unfortunately you'll have to lose almost 2/3 of the available image to get it.