I'm running OS 10.5.8 on an iMac. Every time that I try to print something with adobe reader, adobe reader crashes. If it's in safari, it brings safari down with it.

I just upgraded adobe reader from 9.2 to 9.3 and it still does it.

I tried printing a PDF with photoshop CS3, but it only has the first page.

I was sort of able to print things with open office, but was hoping someone might be able to give me a hint on how to beat the adobe software into shape. FWIW, my printer is a brother hl-2140.

This seems to be an example of how things just work on a mac, except when they don't.