Cotty wrote:

<http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=10891938>

On 10/4/10, ann sanfedele, discombobulated, unleashed:

Really?  Gosh  - I love the first one of this diner but  in this one I
see no detail in the foreground and
think it's much too wide a shot...  Hey wat do these Brits know about
diners anyway (ann ducks)

Not a great deal, but we do like a fried breakfast now and again. Well,
now anyway.

Got the -wish I could be at GFM blues do ya?)

I like it because of the space surrounding it, which creates a frame
within a frame, if you will. The fact that nothing else appears to be
adjacent gives me a sense that things have moved on and the diner has
been left behind, forlorn. For me a photograph is a 'story' in a
nutshell. The photographer tells that story in how the photograph is
presented. A closer crop would tell me a different story - as it is, I
like the story I'm getting from this one :-)

Cheers,
 Cotty

I agree about a photo being a story in a nutshell - I think the first story tells it as well and is more interesting to look at. So I must disagree (now and then, Cotters :-) )

xo,
ann