Not really replying to JCO, just tagging into the thread here.

The students in my class usually don't quite get  the difference in
sensor sizes and the relationship to focal length until they see the
circular photo towards the bottom of this page.

It superimposes three sensor sizes over the circular image projected by a lens.

<http://www.shortcourses.com/use/using5-2.html>

Once they see this, they get it pretty quick.

GS

George Sinos
gsi...@gmail.com
www.georgesphotos.net