A nice capture, but I'd crop some from the top edge to remove as much of the 'dark space' as possible.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Sessoms" <jsessoms...@nc.rr.com>

Subject: PESO: Sweet Japanese Maple

Went out to Raulston Arboretum in Raleigh mid-day today. Just wanted to get out and photograph SOMETHING! It's either that or cut the damn grass (which I'm going to have to do this afternoon anyway).

I was struck by the color of the Japanese Maple.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jb_sessoms/4515958550/sizes/o/

Brought it home & played with it for just about 5 minutes to create a "Tony Sweet" image.

Just a layer with a bit of Gaussian Blur at about 60% opacity over the image plus a saturation boost adjustment layer at about 25% opacity.

Also tried to do it using motion blur layer, but that didn't seem to work so well.

Anyway, say what you will, I think it turned out OK for just goofing around.