I've been considering getting a ringlight for closeup and macro
photography.  The choices of Pentax equipment are the no-longer-made
AF-080C, and the newer AF-140C.

The obvious tradeoffs I see is the AF-080C is less powerful than
the AF-140C.   I assume for macro work that will affect how far
I can stop down to get a reasonable depth of field.  The AF-080C,
can use the same external power supplies which the AF-400T uses.
The AF-140C doesn't seem to take any external power.  On the other
hand, the 140C fits on lenses of filter size 49,52,58mm, unlike the
080C, which only fits on 49mm? lenses.

I'd like to use the ringlight for macro and near macro photography.
For example, construction details, closeups of intricate 3d structures,
and scale model (HO through G scale) photography.  Admittedly, G
scale may be large enough for conventional flash gear.  The reason
I'd like the ringlight is to be able to use a single flash and not
have bad shadows cast by it.  As a secondary consideration I'd also
like to use the ringlight for some portraiture type work.

I was wondering if any of you had thoughts or comments about the
two ringlights and what the real photography tradeoffs are between
the two.

Thanks for any info.
Bolo -- Josef T. Burger