I'd recently purchased Chinese version of double 45° split AF screen for
my K20D from ebay, made by Travor. I didn't expect much of it, and same
time I didn't expect to have grease stains on it either, so my
installation started with washing it in dish washing liquid as
recommended by Katz-Eye. The trick was to avoid getting water stains
after blowing off water. I didn't have distilled water so I used Cokin
lens paper to quickly absorb liquid before it could leave hard mineral
stains. It is clean now and installed.

What can I say? It looks as a bit bogus (if not annoying), cos Pentax
own AF is quite reliable, perhaps I shall change my mind after macro
photos but I don't see any point of buying one even for $22 (postage
inclusive). Pentax own white matte has better finish, so it's slight
brighter than this one from Travor. Stored my Pentax White matte in case
I decide to change it back and I know how to get rid of hard stains it
had on it after a 2 years of camera use.

Any of you have experiences with split screen focusing screens. How do
you like them.

K20D, DA 10-17, D-XENON 18-55, DA* 16-50, FA 50 F1.4, DA 50-200,
ELINCHROM, BOWENS
more @ roman.blakout.net | roman.4models.info