On 01/05/2010, Jeffery Smith <jsmith...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While it is apparently marketed toward the average Joe/Jane who might want a
> bit better digital camera, what is the  verdict on the Pentax K-x? Does
> anyone on the forum have and use one?

Hi Jeffery,

Firstly welcome aboard, it's a great place but it's a bit like the
Hotel California, I think I've been here for over ten years now, oh
well ;-)

I concur with the others, I have found myself gravitating towards the
K-x as my first option to shoot even though I have a K20 at my
disposal. At this point I guess the only thing that I'm not so
enamoured with is the VF. It's nearly impossible to manually focus
wide aperture lenses in low light accurately. Granted no APS sized
finders are great but hopefully I'll be more satisfied when I finally
get my third party screen installed so it's accurate.

Other than that it's a really great little photographic tool, a search
though the PDML archives will provide you with a wealth of information
from current users.

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)