On 2010-05-02 18:46, Cory Waters wrote:
I can't help but notice that a lot of your racing shots catch guys who
are not actually on the track.

Yeah, there are two main reasons for that. First, to most people that aren't "in the racing scene", most of the "car(s) on track" shots are pretty mundane. I take them mainly to give to the drivers and families and teams at amateur races. It's the same with a lot of the shots I take of the corner workers and other volunteers; they're mainly to give to the participants and put in the newsletter of the sanctioning organization. Sometimes they work on other levels, but often not.

Second, it's a bigger challenge and more fun, in some ways, to successfully get decent shots of the guys when things aren't quite going according to plan. And some of those shots have helped sort out what really happened when the stewards got involved and someone might need to be sanctioned.

11224 has sort of a "everything's normal, I meant to do that" feel to
the driver's current location.

He was trying /really/ hard to give that appearance. :-) That was one shot of a sequence of, geez, maybe ten or twelve, as he took a while to get across the gravel trap. Would've been more if the K10D had a decent buffer.

I feel like 11224 really suffered from the reduction in size. For one thing, the black of the car is just intensely deep in the full size image. For another, in the small one you don't get the full effect of the dynamics of his struggle through the gravel.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)