I ran my first half-marathon event last Saturday.  The race was run on a mildly
hilly course around the back of the resort town of Hanmer Springs, which is
famous for its hot pools.

It was a real day to remember.  I felt good on the run and I really enjoyed it.
 I train on the hills at home so I was really in my element here.  The scenery
was very nice but I didn't carry a camera on the run.  Maybe next time I'll
shoulder a tripod-mounted Pentax 6x7 and see how that affects my time.

I finished in just under 1 hour 54 minutes, placing 68th out of 143 in my
grade.  I was wanting to finish under two hours so I'm happy.  Even more so to
be in the top half.

Now my legs have another 4-1/2 days to recover for another half-marathon this
Saturday.  We'll be overnighting in Hanmer Springs on the way home from that
one so I might go for a wander and see if I can take a couple of photos from
the course.

I wrote a race report with some more details and a couple of photos if anyone's
interested.

<http://www.multisport.net.nz/multisport-news/race-news/840-2010-05-02-hanmer-half-marathon.html>

Cheers,
Dave