P J's comments...
.On 5/1/2010 12:33 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
.> I went for a walk in the woods after work tonight.  Being around
.> sunset it was getting dark, especially under the trees and I wished
.> I'd had my monopod with me. I was trying to think of a convenient way
.> to carry it, when I wasn't using it and think that some sort of a
.> holster on a belt might work. Has anyone used something like this:
.>
http://www.zbattery.com/Maglite-Plain-Leather-Belt-Holster-for-D-Size-Flashlights

.>
.> to carry a monopod?
.>
.> --
.> Larry Colen lrc at red4est.com sent from i4est
.
.My monopod has a wrist strap which I loop around my belt and secure to
.the ball head.  However pod itself is getting a bit scarred up from
.banging into rocks and such.  I think a shoulder bag would be better.  I
.can't find one long enough for the pod I own though.

Interesting ideas, both - never used anything like that.

Most of the time my monopod is either in the trunk or my hands, when it doubles
as walking stick in rough terrain. Did attach the older one to my bag, but
found it rather clumsy and later bought a shoulder bag. But as soon as I enter
the area I'm shooting, out comes the walking stick - er, monopod. I do use it
to steady the camera, now and then.

lf
Luiz Felipe
luiz.felipe at techmit.com.br