"Philip Courtay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>HAs anyone used that zoom on a ZX (MZ) body? Is the autofocus quick, are
>there any compatibility problems I should know about?
>I may buy one used for a decent price and would like to know if it's fine on
>a ZX-7.
>Apart from the weight, any problems?

I have one of these and it's a really nice lens. Built like the proverbial tank.
Great optics. Quick autofocus with the MZ-S and PZ-1p.
The only problem is it can be a bit akward to shift into manual focus, but
that's just the way the lens is designed.
I love mine and have no immediate plans to replace it. I'll consider it if
Pentax comes out with a new 28-70/2.8, partly because I've heard some questions
about the durability of that lens, but mostly because the Tokina shares the same
size filters (77mm) with my Pentax 80-200/2.8.

--
Mark Roberts
www.robertstech.com