From: Cotty <cotty...@mac.com>
To: pentax list <PDML@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO: Latin Dancers

On 3/5/10, Jerry in Arizona, discombobulated, unleashed:

This is my first submission,?so hope it works.? This was a dance
demonstration at a latin festival at the Heard Museum here in Phoenix
and performed by local high school students.? One of my first efforts
with the then new K20D.? I think the lens was the SMC FA 3.5-4.7, 28-80
zoom.? I thought it had a bit more reach than the kit lens.?
Constructive comments welcome.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33662...@n02/4106416061

Looks good but I'd like to see it in a larger size, at least 800 pixels
on the longest side?

There are no submission guidelines (since each PDMLer is supplying his or her own storage), but by convention I'd say that for most people here, 800-1000 pixels on the longest side is a good size range for PESOs and GESOs.

Flickr will accept very large images (eg I can upload the raw K20D images of 3.1K x 4.6K pixels), and they automatically create reduced sizes for viewing. If you have the basic (free) account you will not be able to view your images in any size larger than 1024x768. But that's actually a quite comfortable size for most people to view in a browser anyway.

And BTW, uploading your full-sized images to Flickr (or Smugmug or whatever) is a reasonable way to get an extra backup of your stuff.

-bmw