From: AlunFoto
Wow, that's impressing. But still, it's a little over 29 hours
straight, with 7 transfers; one of them including different train
stations, and some transfer windows less than half an hour. With due
respect for German punctuality, the probability of missing a departure
is pretty high.

I thought the Germans were famous ... or was it notorious ... for getting the trains to run on time?

Flight time between Oslo and London is 1 hour 50 minutes. Add another
hour on each side for checkins, luggage and security, and another hour
on each side for getting from airport to town, and you still have
nearly 24 hours more at your disposal.

It's entirely beyond me how people actually enjoy train rides, but
that's down to preference. If one has the time, one can choose how to
spend it.

As to slow modes of travel, what would have been totally cool (for me,
anyway) was to have a dirigible service with regular departures like
trains or planes. :-)

My mom told me of growing up in Detroit; that my grandfather woke all the kids up one night to go outside and see the Graf Zeppelin pass overhead. That may have been on the Los Angeles to Lakehurst leg of the 1929 "Round-the-World" flight.

If so, it apparently passed over the city again in 1933. Possibly of interest to the list, on that trip, the Graf Zeppelin flew over the 1933 Chicago Worlds Fair.