I went to Columbus Camera Group to evaluate the Tokina 80-200/2.8 AT-X
manual-focus lens that they have on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1325843698

Here's what it's like:
#1 It has the screw-on metal hood.  (Mine has the plastic clip-on.)
#2 Mechanically, it feels fine.
#3 The insides looked clean.  (I took just a quick glance.)
#4 Mount is in good shape, as is the paint.
#5 The front element is the real story.
     a) some minor cleaning ("polish") marks that were mentioned in the ad.
     b) one, maybe two, "bright" spots.  These would appear to be
        minor defects in the coating.  They're smaller than the head of a
straight pin.
        It took some looking to find them.

For the $145 price it's starting at, that's fair.
I wouldn't go too far above that.

Collin

*
"Get over it."