2010/5/17 Bob Sullivan <rf.sulli...@gmail.com>:
> ecke,
> My those are BIG water drops!
> Is that some kind of cactus leaf they are on?
> A small leaf at high magnification, it makes an interesting photo.
> You'll have to explain more about your equipment...
> Regards, Bob S.

Hi Bob
It is a bush but to be honest, I haven't the foggiest as to what kind.
I've just now put the question to the owner and her neighbor and will
let you know asap. The leaves look a bit like those of a succulent in
terms of surface properties but they're not. I'll post a few gear pics
in the same gallery later today and add some explanations to this
thread. The key to the image is to match planes (subject, lens and
sensor) as commanded by Scheimpflug's rule, i.e. make them all meet in
one imaginary intersection (the word point doesn't quite hit the nail
on the head) which will then cause the focal plane to be level with
the subject plane. In this particular instance, IQ suffers quite a bit
from the extreme tilt (27 of 30 possible combined angular degrees) as
well as from aperture bending. My mistake BTW, image was taken at
f/67. I'm also sure with a bit of practice I can do better than that
but right now it is trial and error. Please have a look at this URL,
the URH image pretty much shows my gear as well as the principle of it
all except I did it at close range of about 5-7 cm.
http://www.novoflexkreativdasbuch.de/pageID_8784247.html
Cheers
Ecke