On May 18, 2010, at 8:48 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

It obviously still burns for Jeffery, and his attitude seems like mine
with regard to Sigma equipment. Only difference is that I never spent
much money on Sigma stuff ... I never got any that was satisfactory in
the first place.

And here too.

My bigma is quite satisfactory. My only complaint with it is bokeh.

My 20/1.8 is a mixed bag. Optically it is just fine. It just fails in the tactile department, though it seems to be better since I sent it back, it just feels like a modern cheap lens. Then again, in today's market people who manually focus are definitely in the minority. I also wish that the focus were a little slower between 2m and infinity. There's not much room for error photographing someone 3m away.

Boris