On May 21, 2010, at 12:52, David J Brooks wrote:

> Same thoughts in this camp re the K10 and exposure and AF. The shutter
> noise is not a concern as I do most of my nature photos next to a
> railway shunting yard.
>
> Thus i am glad to hear the good review from you, and its making the
> K-7/D300s decision painfully hard, again.
>
> How do you find the exposure in flash, i have the 360.

Generally much better.  I have the 540.  It has been overexposing a bit, but
that's easy to dial down.  I've been shooting an open house here at work with a
wide variety of situations (small rooms, big rooms, open conference areas under
a tent) and the worst I've had to do is dial +1 to -1.5 on the back of the
flash occasionally.  What the K7 does NOT do is anything like the K10's
paranoid "oh my gosh, I see something bright in the exposure (a mirror, a piece
of glass) so I'll just quench the exposure entirely and make the whole screen
black" underexposure.    In short, I'm getting a lot more usable photos with
the flash.  Happiness.

PLUS it's actually locking focus - in a room dark enough to require flash.
Could never count on the K10D to do that.

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN