Bob W wrote:
Drivers in the UK are generally fairly considerate towards cyclists. Not as
good as the French, but not bad.
And the BBC is normally fairly even-handed in its treatment of most
subjects.
But have a look at this video for an extreme anti-bike bias. It beggars
belief:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UiWji4osR0&feature=player_embedded>

Can't argue about the gobbiness. But the incident is interesting. He seems to come out of his lane much further into the road, far earlier than I would expect. All very difficult to evaluate clearly from one poxy helmetcam but it seems, on first perusal, that there was fault on both sides.

My personal style, when in heavy traffic, is to wobble like a five-year-old on their first ride without stabilisers. It generates quite a lot of vituperative comment but, so far, no collisions.