On May 22, 2010, at 8:20 PM, Jack Davis wrote:

Really, the horizon doesn't look too much out of level to me. The slightly tilted foreground and what looks like the edge of a cement sidewalk is distracting.

That's because I straightened it in lightroom, which unfortunately ended up chopping a bit of the bill off in one of the shots.

You might clone some grass into that area to make it less noticeable. The placement of the ducks is unusual with respect to the frame, especially as they're facing that edge..but..? All depends on how much effort you feel it's worth.
Interesting scene.

Jack

--- On Sat, 5/22/10, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

From: Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>
Subject: peso  Pirate ducks
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Saturday, May 22, 2010, 5:24 PM
Finally finished the first pass
through my chicago pictures, and this one made me chuckle:
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/ellarsee/4630053345

It is rather peevesome that I can't shoot level. One of the
others would have been better, but leveling the horizion
clipped a beak. And, yes, I know that some people think that
requiring the horizon to be level is just an old canard.

--
Larry Colen l...@red4est.com
sent from i4est

--PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
to UNSUBSCRIBE from the PDML, please visit the link
directly above and follow the directions.