On 2010-05-24 16:10, Bob W wrote:
directly from NAS to PC. Crossover cable? Sounds like it's back to rs232...
I'll just leave it to run over the wifi thing now - I can't be bothered
trying to find a one-off proper solution.

If you have an ethernet hub/switch, just plugging both the computer and the NAS into the hub/switch should take care of any "crossover cable" type problems, if it's reasonably modern (less than 3-5 years old). It'll also let you run at wired speed, which is often faster than wireless, even at the same nominal "bit rate".

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)