My wife and I spent a couple of days in Chicago last week.  I have been there
on business many times, but never recreationally.  What a beautiful city!

Bob and Lynn Sullivan met us at the DankHaus, and we spent a leisurely hour and
a half absorbing the Augenblick exhibit.  It is really wonderful, and makes the
book "come alive".

Friday evening, after dinner, my wife and I walked over to the John Hancock
Building, whose upper reaches were in the clouds.  Because of "zero visibility"
they sold us tickets at half price, and we went up.  Shortly after we arrived
at the top, the clouds parted, and showed us this:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=11049690&size=lg

(K10D, FA 28/2.8, ISO 1100, f/2.8 @ 1/3 sec)  What looks like pattern noise is
from the screen one had to shoot through.

Looking north along Lakeshore Drive:

After a while the fog cleared more:

http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=11049692&size=lg

Huge thanks and congratulations to Mark and Christine on an outstanding job,
and providing us with a great excuse to spend 2 1/2 days in Chicago.

Rick

P.S. Eggleston sucks.  A toddler with an Instamatic could have shot that crap.
But there has been some discussion of that already...