On May 28, 2010, at 4:56 AM, David Parsons wrote:

> Turn on the power on dust shake and that should help with most loose
> dust.  Unless the wind is constantly blowing dust and sand around,
> you'll be able to change lenses with little problem.
>
> If you use good lens discipline you should be okay.
>
> Do you really want to miss a shot because you spent 5 minutes futzing
> with changing a lens, when you can clone out a spot in post?

I would probably spend most of my time with the 16-50 on the K20. Or maybe the
18-250 on the K-x, at night, I'd probably also just wander around with a  prime
on the K-x.  However, there will be enough things where I'd spend 45 minutes or
an hour working on a shot, where I'll want or need some specific lens.  That's
when I'd want to change lenses, to get those special shots.

I don't want to change lenses out there, but I want to be able to,  if I need
to.

And, even in the car, I'd probably want to do it in the bag, just because it is
unbelievably dusty on the playa.