From: William Robb
On 27/05/2010 8:03 PM, John Sessoms wrote:

> My opinion, anyone who would ask you to do a JOB for them should be
> prepared to pay for your WORK. If they get mad because you quote them a
> fair price, THEY are the ones who are pretty hard up.
>
> Let them get mad. If they do, they're fair weather friends at best.

I tend to agree with you on this, my caveat being don't charge friends unless you are prepared for them to no longer be friends. For myself, I just don't charge friends, or if I do, I let them buy me an expensive bottle of Scotch or some such.
I don't equate what I do with what my lawyer or doctor does.

Yeah, well neither do I, but point I was trying to make needed some kind of professional services for the "friends" to engage in for their livelihood and those were the best I could come up with on the spur of the moment. ;-D