On 01/06/2010 11:12 AM, Paul Sorenson wrote:
On 6/1/2010 9:34 AM, William Robb wrote:
And, as I just discovered, if I walk away from the computer with an
email in mid composition, it will leave it open, but also drop it into
the drafts folder.
It doesn't give me the option of sending when I want to. OE would
allow me to hit send on the message, and drop the message into the
outbox where it would sit until I hit send on the program. Thunderbird
just forces send.

Dropping down the File menu in the composition window and clicking Send
Later will put the message into the Outbox so you can send it at a time
of your choosing.

T-Bird on configuration defaulted to IMAP, and when I pointed it to my
Google account tried to import everything in it (several gigs now),
which caused it to stop running.
After configuring it to POP, that went away, but I had to uninstall it
and start again fresh, which was a minor PITA.

I didn't like the default to IMAP either so I just deleted the newly
created account and started over, choosing POP at the appropriate time.
Once I figured out how to do the first account, I just kept adding the
rest of my accounts. T-Bird never asked for a re-start or re-install.

There are just a lot of configurable things in OE that don't seem
available in Thunderbird.

What other configurable things did OE give you. Maybe I've found some of
them. :-)

OTOH, it spell checks inline and can be set to force spell check prior
to sending, while OE had to be told to spell check, so there is some
small good along with the inexplicably bad.

I guess I can't complain too much, it didn't cost me anything to
download it, but after a week of using T-Bird I am really missing OE.

I think between you and Matthew we've just about got it covered. I had found the page that he pointed me to, but managed to miss some of the instruction. The send now/send later was configurable in OE, but if there is a workaround it in T-Bird I'll make use of it.

Thanks for the help, both to you and to Matthew.

--

William Robb