Hi all,

I am looking at permanently attaching a 50 mm lens reverse mounted on
my bellows - I usually use my FA50f1.4, but I'm starting to get annoyed
with taking it apart and putting it back together again.  The question
I need answered is, as I'm going to dedicate a lens to the bellows,
which one would be best for my needs?

I generally shoot with the lens stopped down to f16 or f22 to get the
greatest depth of field.  My subjects are 3 dimensional, so a flat
field of focus is not 100% necessary.  My subjects also tend to hide
from bright lights, so I can't use extra light to help me focus, and at
full extension of the bellows and a 2 times converter between the
camera and bellows (7 times magnification to the film), any extra light
is a bonus.

I'll probably end up with a K or M f1.4 or a K f1.2, but the closest I
have come to an f1.2 is picking one up at a swap meet, so I have no
idea of it's optical performance compared with an f1.4 (particularly
reverse mounted on bellows for macro use).

So my question to all you knowledgable people out there is: is a 50 mm
f1.2 as sharp as an f1.4 when stopped down between f11 and f22, and is
there anything you know about these lenses that I should know before I
go out and try to buy one?

 Leon

http://www.bluering.org.au
http://www.bluering.org.au/leon