MikeM <mmo45...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> My K-100 lasted a couple of years before starting to reboot intermittently
> and Pentax said it needed the circuit board replaced. My K10 lasted a bit
> over a year before the shutter apparently starting sticking open. Now my K-x
> shutter button has started sticking down after it is pressed after a couple
> of months. Is Pentax quality control getting worse, or is it my luck that is
> getting worse?

My *istDS suffers from hang-ups and erratic operation of its controls,
most of all the thumbwheel. The K10D has been doing alright, so far. But
my K-7 has developed the sticky release button problem you're describing
for your K-x, after less than a year. Add to this a number of nagging
firmware probs with the K-7 that have not been corrected over several
releases and the overall picture isn't very favourable. Especially not
since the legendary Pentax service has been outsourced, last year, and
hasn't exactly been a model of customer care since.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog   : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com