On Jun 3, 2010, at 0:42, MikeM wrote:

> My K-100 lasted a couple of years before starting to reboot intermittently
> and Pentax said it needed the circuit board replaced. My K10 lasted a bit
> over a year before the shutter apparently starting sticking open. Now my K-x
> shutter button has started sticking down after it is pressed after a couple
> of months. Is Pentax quality control getting worse, or is it my luck that is
> getting worse?

I got about 24,283 images (Nov 2004 to Jan 2008) out of my *istDS before it
started crapping out with memory-card-writing problems.  Swapped via extended
warranty for a K200D which my daughter now has.

The K10D which I got second-hand has 16,368 exposures on it (March 2008 - May
2010) of my doing with nary a glitch.

It sounds, sadly, like you are just unlucky!

 -Charles

--
Charles Robinson - charl...@visi.com
Minneapolis, MN