Bill Sawyer, Ken Waller, and I had a good time at the Detroit Institute of Art.
The Robert Frank exhibit consisted of his shots of Detroit, many of which are
not in his book, "The Americans." Some of the images are superb, with plenty of
storytelling and nice rendering. A few are borderline in regard to the
rendering and exposures. Not everything that's out of focus and poorly exposed
is art:-). But overall, the work is interesting and revealing.

That was good. Then we went to lunch at Traffic Jam and Snug, which is one of
the few places near the museum that's open on Sunday. Good as always. We all
refrained from sampling their excellent home brews since it was just barely
noon.

Left for home at about 1PM. Could have taken Woodward all the way as I usually
due, but we had some serious flooding, and I was afraid some of the underpasses
might be closed. So I took the Interstate. I was motoring along in the left
lane at about 80, which is normal for Detroit, when the guy in front of me
swerved hard to the left. Right there about two car lengths ahead was what
appeared to be a tire in the land. Since I was driving my Jeep, I figured that
if I did a slalom move to avoid it, I'd end up on my head with the greasy side
showing. So I moved over as far as I could without doing a violent move, and I
hit the tire. Turned out it was a tire and wheel. Blew out both right side
tires, but managed to get things under control and pulled off to the shoulder
on the left side of the lane. No way I could make it to the right shoulder
through heavy traffic. Sat for two hours before I could get a flatbed out
there. Paid him $175 to haul the Jeep 25 miles to my place and drop it in the
driveway. Figure I'll still come out ahead by beating the wheels off myself and
buying two tires at a discount tire store. If he had taken it to a Detroit
shop, they would have raped me, and each employee would probably have taken a
turn.

Anyway, I'm home now, enjoying an adult beverage.

Good PDML Detroit. Bad trip home.

Paul