On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 21:26 -0400, "P N Stenquist"
<pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On the way home from last week's trip to the DIA, I hit an errant tire
> and wheel at about 75 mph. Blew out both right tires. Had to wait two
> hours for a flatbed. So I played with my Leica. This is on Portra 160,
> scanned on an Epson 3200 flatbed. The lens is the Summaron 35/35. I
> think it was f8 @ 1/50th.
>
> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=11122068&size=lg

Sort of remands me of the time about 10 years ago when the rear wheel
bearings on my Mitsubishi wagon failed on a gravel road in the middle of
nowhere in central New South Wales.  The car swerved to a halt with the
rear wheel at an angle of about 20-30 degrees off vertical. It took most
of the day to get service truck out to load up the car, another hour to
get to the nearest sizable town and a further two and a half hours to
get another truck to carry the car and us home.   Like you, I filled in
the time photographing things.  Anything!  Strangely, though, I failed
to photograph the car.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters