Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "P. J. Alling" <webstertwenty...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Memory card image recovery programs

Cards are pseudo FAT formatted, and due to their design constraints the way riles get erased, (or for that matter the card gets formatted), unless you go to extraordinary lengths only the directory structure is changed by either of those operations. The only way the data will be over written is if more photos are taken, or new directories are created.

That's what Larry said "overwrote" - I took that to mean new images were added.

On 6/13/2010 4:38 PM, Ken Waller wrote:
Were the images overwritten or deleted?

My understanding is if they have been over written they can't be recovered. Could be wrong but that's what I recall.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bran Everseeking" <bran.everseek...@sasktel.net>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:39 AM

On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 10:36:53 -0700
Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

I did something stupd last night and overwrote some files when
copying them off an SD card.

I knew that using mv rather than cp was a bad idea, but I discovered
a failure mode that I hadn't thought of before.

Any recommendations for a program to recover erased files off an sd
card for either mac or linux?

--
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Courier New;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 I've just upgraded to Thunderbird 3.0 and the interface subtly weird.\par
}