Well, all the elements are there and I can see what you are trying to
do.  I guess one issue is what is the subject - the wave or the
surfer?  As it stands they seem to compete a bit.  If it is the
wave, then the surfer needs to be less dominant - almost out of frame
or upper right corner or something.  If it is the surfer then he is
leading my eyes out of the frame.  He is 3/4s out of the frame and on
his way out.  He needs to be much further to the left side of frame.

--
Bruce