On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM, Charles Robinson <charl...@visi.com> wrote:

>> Today I received in the mail my installation DVD for Microsoft Visio
>> 2010.  Apparently they've hired Dave Brooks as their new label
>> designer.
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/coneslayer/4707771906/
>
> My word.  That's not a Photoshop/Joke image?

No, it's my own Visio 2010 DVD that I received yesterday.  I bought it
through Microsoft's website through their Home Use Program (whereby
employees can get an Office license at low cost for use at home, as
part of their company's site license).

The MS website describing the Visio 2010 editions spells it
"Professional," and my Office 2007, Office 2010, and Visio 2007 DVDs
all spell it "Professional" as well.  The DVD and packing materials
are in English.

So as far as I can tell it's not a joke, not counterfeit, and not a
variant spelling for branding.  It's just a fuckup.

Maybe it will be worth something some day.