2010/6/19 Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com>:

>> Larry, this makes me wonder, could this be a read or transfer error of
>> some sort? Have you cross tested with a different reader / computer?
>
> No I haven't.  This is not the same card that I lost data from the other day,
> but it's the same type, bought at the same time.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have the money to go upgrading to sandisk SD cards
> right now.
>
> Has anyone had problems formatting an SD card in one camera (K20D) and using
> it in another (Kx)?

It sounds kind of odd that both cards would go sour at the same time -
how old are they?
I format my cards in-camera before use every time after moving images
to my computer.
Do you have the K20D and the K-x set to the same file/folder naming converntion?
Have you tried connecting a USB cable directly to the camera to get the images?
HTH
Ecke