This is very OT, but since we have IT folks over here, I'm trying to ask. When trying to book an hotel in Germany, I asked for internet connection availability in their rooms. Their reply: "We have internet connection (wireless lan) in all rooms for free but therefore you have to fill out a sheet of paper with your mac-address and then we can activate you for using internet." Since I don't have a Mac, I have no clue what a Mac address is. However, I suspect they mean a IP address. Even so, I believe my internet wireless connection uses a dynamic IP and in case I have to setup a new connection they have to assign me and let me know an IP address... What would you expect to do with a Win XP laptop for getting such a "mac-address" wireless connection?

Thanks a lot.

Dario