Okay... so I've been paging through the PDML archives for about a week
now, and I think I've read just about every posting I deemed helpful
concerning which scanner to buy (and theres a LOT of them!... thanks for
you past contributions).  For the capability and price range, I've
decided on the Photosmart S20... Atleast for now.

>From reading your opinions over time, the pros for this system and the
praise that it has received (even when you omit all of Pauls
advertisements... I mean... postings... concernings this unit) have
significantly outweighed any cons.

And to top it off, I 've just been offered a deal I (almost) can't refuse
(under 350 for a hopefully used-but-mint unit)...

Hence, this posting is somewhat of a "last call"...  A plea for any
arguments, comments, opinions, that I should concider with respect to
purchasing this scanner.  Perhaps some of you have had developments
_since_ all of the scanner posts that I've read which have changed your
opinions about this or related products. Any such input would be
appreciated.  Lastly, going thru with this particular deal is not a "done
deal" at all.  Hence, your comments may be very helpful for future
considerations as well. Thanks in advance,
  .jerome.

ps... I'm primarily looking for a slide scanner... and the added
capability of scanning up to 5x7 prints is definitely a plus.