My first Camera was an Exa Ia, when I joined a "Foto AG" in school (13 years
old). I thought of an Agfa non-SLR and my parents and I went off the store
with the Exa. After all an SLR! Seven years later I had the money to buy a
better camera: the MX. I went into the store thinking of Minolta and got out
with a Pentax. Never heard before. But was a nice little thing looking better
than Minolta. And I never regretted it!
Two years ago I sold the MX to my cousin whos MX made difficulties
transporting more than 20 pictures. At this time I had had my MX repaired by
Pentax in Hamburg -misfunction of the trigger- and they had changed the
bayonet, too (I didn't think it was necessary but they repaired all they could
find). It was somewhat heavy to change lenses then. And my cousin only has two
lenses and changes seldom so it doesn't matter. In the meantime I had bought
the MZ-5N and it feels better in my hand than the MX. And if I want the
feeling of metal I go back to my K1000 I chased for a low price in the
nineties as reserve.
And I never want to change because I am totally satisfied with Pentax using
old and new lenses how I want!

Bernd