2010/6/26 frank theriault <knarftheria...@gmail.com>:

> Where is he?  A decoration on a bridge over an old canal?

Yes, it is one in a network of canals that were used in the past to
move goods from the storage portion of the harbour to what is now the
inner city and was then within the (long gone) city walls. That
transport system is without saying no longer in use. Trivia: Hamburg
has more bridges than Venice. The pipe in the foreground belongs to
the equally ubiquitous teleheat network. I never knew there was such a
sculpture, knowing Hamburg it is probably one of a seriers so I intend
to find the others when I go to that area again.
Cheers
Ecke