From: "Rick Womer" <rwomer1...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 11:22 AM
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: K7 formatting shortcut?

I can't give the technical answer that others here can, but... it's's supposed to be the most reliable way to delete all of one's photos and avoid corruption that could result in lost photos in the future.

"Delete all" is an alternative that doesn't rewrite the card's directory. In the K10D one could do that by pressing the trash can button twice. On the K7 it's buried in some menu. Sheesh.

Delete all:

Menu/Front Wheel right one click/Cursor up once/Cursor right once. Cursor up once/ OK.

You can probably do it faster than reading it, and it isn't 16 clicks.
Doing it via the cursor buttons is seven clicks.
Personally, I think Delete twice and click OK would be enough hoops.

William Robb