While waiting for my wife to get off of work a few nights ago, I decided to
take advantage of the weather-resistance of the ol' K7.  There was a
thunderstorm rolling through town at the time and it was raining like heck (a
lot of lightning).

I grabbed the camera with the ultrapod-II "tripod" and went down to the edge of
the Mississippi to try and grab some lightning shots.

45 minutes later, I was soaked to the skin and had some pretty stuff but only
one of the 80 frames had even a hint of lightning.  I SAW some cool flashes but
did not capture almost any with the camera.

What slays me about these images is that you can't even tell it's raining.
Funny!  It was REALLY coming down.

A pair that look kind of nice to my eye:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/IMGP2750.jpg

(16mm, 8 seconds, f4.0, ISO 200)

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2010/IMGP2755.jpg

(16mm, 13 seconds, f7.1, ISO 200)