According to the updated Pentax designation, the K-AC50 (where K means Kit) is just the D-AC50+power cord.
It's the same for other power supplies and battery chargers.

Dario

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry Rice" <bamr...@ucdavis.edu>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 7:58 PM
Subject: K-AC50 AC adaptor

Hey Folks,

I'm looking at buying an AC adaptor for my K7. The manual says I need a K-
AC50 unit. I cannot find this at the usual venues (B&H, Adorama, Amazon).

Meanwhile, the D-AC50 is readily available, which is built for the K-10D.

One person on Amazon says he uses the D-AC50 for his K-7, but I'm scared.

Any hints on a place to buy one? There's an "Abes of Maine" that offers
it, but I've been burned when I've ventured away from the venues I
mentioned above.

Cheers

Barry