From: "paul stenquist" <pnstenqu...@comcast.net>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:07:29 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: Any chance of selling to a car mag?

Talk to the magazines first. Go to a bookstore and find some specialty mags
that feature similar cars and query the editors. Show them the pics you took
previously. You'll have a much better chance of selling the pics if you can
write an article as well.

You'll want to shoot the cars in an open area in either very early morning or
very late evening light. The backgrounds should be clean. Trees are okay, but
its best if they are far enough from the cars that they'll be out of focus.
Architectural backgrounds are okay, but you have to know how to work with them.
Shooting the cars in the guys shop is almost certainly a no-sell. Check out the
kind of photography the magazines you're querying feature.

Paul