Hi Toine,

I bought one of these for underwater use (as have several others in my
group).  It does work well, though the battery life while snorkelling
is limited and it's not easy at that point to change the battery.  My
only other complaint is the working distance when doing macro, but
this is true of all little point and shoots (and why I still lug a
DSLR around with me).  The images are surprisingly good though.

Years of looking after equipment made me very nervous the first time I
deliberately put it underwater however.  It still feels strange, but I
don't have to fight myself to do it (I just have to make sure I don't
get too much in the habit and end up putting my K10 underwater one day
when I'm not thinking).

--

Leon