HI, Walt
Welcome --
I see by reading the responses of others the frisky guys are already hijacking your pics for silly chatter -- expect that a lot! There are lots of folk here who actually know each other IRL and have for sometime -- we are a playful bunch...
Always hope newcomers will be the same.

It is a great list for tech info on a board range of subjects, but you're better watch out for the punsters :-) As to the photos -- I have a bit of a hard time viewing things on flicker... didn't realize that you had ore than two photos there... Now I've looked at the lot -- I'm the opposite of Jack - I prefer things less saturated... but you know it is quite difficult to really know that given different monitors...

The bluebird shot is really a nice grab -- I think the tiger swallowtail itself is wonderfully captured but find the Bokeh not so good...

Glad you are a birder, too... I am but not much of a shooter of dickey birds... or really birds at all these days, but I love to bird watch and very much enjoy the captures of others... sooo hard to photograph this little fellas.

So welcome!
ann  (one of the elders :-)
http://annsan.smugmug.com

Jack Davis wrote:

Welcome Walt. Impressive set of images. All nicely composed with good IQ. Colors quite
"punchy."
I've a feeling you're going to show us some very nice work. Like your tensity
and app;lied logic that resulted in your K-X choice.

Jack

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4767841507/

K-x, Asahi Takumar (Bayonet) 135mm, Promaster Spectrum 7 -
2X
teleconverter, f/2.5, 1/800 sec., ISO 400

Thanks,

Walt Gilbert
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/

P/S -- Thanks to Doug for the prompt reply to my query as
to why I was
having trouble posting messages to the list.