> > This is good news for human rights in the UK, including us
> specifically as
> > photographers, and a triumph for the people who originally brought
> the
> > case
> > in front of the courts.
> >
> > < http://photographernotaterrorist.org/ >
> > < http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10555430.stm >
> >
> > It's still illegal under Section 72 to "elicit information about a
> police
> > officer". They use this to try and stop people photographing cops.
> >
> > Bob
>
> Do you think it will do some good, or will it be ignored on the streets
> and
> end up being same old.
>
> William Robb

ever since people started protesting about it the number of stops has
reduced dramatically, and last year the police were instructed to stop being
so enthusiastic, so I do expect it to stop. If it doesn't they'll find
themselves in court again. It won't stop officious security guards and
similar from trying to stop us, but they have no powers of arrest or search.

Bob