Boris,
I like the light in the first two portraits and the focus on the eyes
and his concentration.
The glass sphere is echoed in the spherical shape of his eyes.
I don't think the left side of the photo adds anything to the
composition.  Crop it out?
The third photo is weaker because of the light not modeling the
subject, no 3D to it.
Regards,  Bob S.