On Jul 12, 2010, at 5:43 AM, Walter G. wrote:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/4783392552/lightbox/#/

You're on my hate list.

> I've been giving consideration to a dedicated macro lens as a next
> purchase, but I think my next purchase ought to be a good, fast,
> multi-purpose prime -- though, my budget is somewhat limited.  What
> would be the best investment as far as the more readily available,
> older manual focus primes?  Any thoughts?

That photo proves to me that you'd put a proper macro lens to very good use.

It took me a long time to find a second hand macro lens and when I did I
wondered how I ever lived without it.  I use mine (FA 100mm f/2.8) as a
general-purpose 100mm prime.  It's probably my most used lens.

Dave