On Jul 12, 2010, at 2:01 PM, paul stenquist wrote:

> I can't sit through an entire soccer game waiting for one score.

As you say, to each his own. Personally, I don't understand the fixation on
scoring. There were any number of games during the Cup that were tense, and
filled with drama, even though neither team had scored, or maybe only one once.

I can appreciate basketball -- which, leaving aside some important differences,
like the size of the court/field, and the length of the game, is actually
pretty similar to soccer -- but the back-and-forth, from one end of the court
to the other, with scoring happening on the order of every minute or two,
strikes me as verging a bit on the hyperactive side.

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net