William Robb wrote:

From: "Igor Roshchin"
Subject: OT - Ann's question on the hair style and the epoch

Ann,

Here is a followup on your quesion about the hair style and the epoch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3svvCj4yhYc#t=3m24s
(it's much earlier - but looks as funny)

I'm pretty sure my granny was in there somewhere.
Apparently she was rather a wild child.

William Robb

Well now having watched that I had to go searching on Google for the name of the singer of that famous song "That's my weakness now" - Helen Kane is the answer... the song wasnt written until 1928 close to the end of the flapper era. My mother had a problem in the flapper era though -- she was , to say the least, quite zaftig and that did not um fit in well with the style of the day...
ann